Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day from The Civilians!

Here are what a few of our shows have to say about the relevant, contemporary topic of this week - which is to say, love!

From YOU BETTER SIT DOWN Tales from my parents' divorce:

So I guess the main question is – why do people fall in and out of love?  Why is one second children are in the middle of a stable family, and the next moment, you know… you’re driving up to a vacation in Maine, right?  (laughs)  And you know, who is this dark-haired woman sitting next to you… Dad? 

As far as your Mom goes, there are two separate possible explanations, as far as I can see, and I don’t know which it was, really… either she fell out of love with me, or she just wanted to fuck other guys, you know?  (Laughs)

From PARIS COMMUNE:
I always will love, the cherries of spring,
The season which leaves a hole in my heart,
A wound that is never healed.
And all that may be by Fortune revealed
It never will soothe the grief in my soul.
I always will love the cherries of spring,
And think of the hole I guard in my heart.

From (I AM) NOBODY'S LUNCH:
I mean I’m not sure just hearing about things is real. The radio sings about love, for instance, but love’s something you have to experience for yourself to know it… That’s true. Or at least I think that’s true!


No comments:

Post a Comment